Ryan Haag has spent his career building. Whether it's building people and organizations inside the US Navy, a loving and busy family of five children, a business from scratch during the pandemic, or an 18-foot-tall pirate ship in his backyard, building has always been in Ryan’s blood.
- 18+ years in US Navy, with service onboard submarines and surveillance aircraft. Ryan has programmed missiles, developed significant and in-depth intelligence products in multiple different countries, and changed the way the Navy trains new cryptologic warfare officers.
- His most significant Navy achievement was as Officer in Charge of NIOD Groton, where he supervised almost 100 Sailors with a $4 million annual budget that installed sensitive equipment onboard Navy submarines and surface ships.
- Directed multiple projects while in the Navy: a $5 million upgrade to Navy missile systems, a $50,000 overseas installation of classified computer and fiber components, and a $6.6 million special repair project to fix and upgrade a 1940s-era building.
- As VP of Communications at PMI Hampton Roads Chapter, Ryan updated the process for automatically submitting members for professional development unit (PDU) credit, resulting in over 1,000 PDUs assigned without member action. Ryan also was a key architect in executing hybrid events involving Zoom audiences at in-person meetings as COVID pandemic restrictions were lifted on live events.
- Started a small business during the COVID-19 Pandemic to upgrade WiFi and networking for residential and small business customers.
- Winner of the 2013 AFCEA Copernicus Award.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering,
- University of Michigan Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Naval Postgraduate School Project Management Professional, 2018
- Ubiquiti Enterprise WiFi and Broadband Administrator, 2021
- Master’s Thesis: Enhanced Geolocation of High-Frequency Threat Emitters
- Author of “To Build A House: My Surprisingly Epic Saga in Custom Home Building” (ISBN 978- 1737753605)